Thermaspray is the only certified distributor and applicator of the Chemours Teflon™ Coatings in Southern Africa. Teflon™ is Chemour’s registered trademark for their brand of fluoropolymer resins. The Teflon™ brand name is licensed by Chemours in association with approved applicators. This means that if you are not getting your Teflon from us, it’s not the real deal.
Teflon™ industrial coatings can be used on carbon steel, aluminium, stainless steel, steel alloys, brass, and magnesium, as well as non-metallics such as glass, fiberglass, and some rubber and plastics.
Teflon™ Industrial Coatings Portfolio:
- Teflon™ PTFE: (polytetrafluoroethylene) nonstick coatings have the highest operating temperature of any fluoroplastic (260°C), an extremely low coefficient of friction, good abrasion resistance and good chemical resistance.
- Teflon™ FEP: (fluorinated ethylene propylene copolymer) provides excellent chemical resistance. In addition to low friction, FEP coatings have excellent nonstick properties and the maximum use temperature is 204°C.
- Teflon™ PFA: (perfluoroalkoxy) nonstick coatings offer the additional benefits of higher continuous-use temperature (260°C/500°F), film thicknesses up to 1,000 micrometers (40 mils) and greater toughness than PTFE or FEP.
- Tefzel™ ETFE: is a copolymer of ethylene and tetrafluoroethylene. ETFE has excellent chemical resistance and can operate continuously at 149°. This resin is the toughest of the fluoroplastics and can be applied at film thicknesses up to 1,000 micrometers (40 mils) to provide a highly durable finish.
- Teflon™ One Coat: solvent-based liquid coatings are formulated with special blends of fluoroplastics and other high-performance resins to improve toughness and abrasion resistance. The resins provide adhesion and abrasion resistance as well low friction and nonstick characteristics.
- Teflon™ Dry Lubricant: special versions of Teflon™ technology designed to provide lubrication under high-pressure/velocity (PV) conditions. These products are solvent-based, and are usually cured between 260°C and 371°C.
Applications and Examples:
- PTFE: Fuel Filters, Heat Exchangers, Carburetor Shafts, Ball Valves, Bearings, Filters, Cryogenic, Aerospace.
- FEP: Plastic Molds, Food Processing, Rocket Engines, Textile Dry Cans, Heat Seal Bars, Chemical.
- PFA: Chemical Impellers, Mixing Tanks, Valves, Pumps, Laundry Dryers, High-Temperature Molds.
- ETFE: Tank Linings, Pumps, Impellers, Flanges, Conveyor Chutes, Exhaust Ducts, Electrical Insulators.
- Engineer Parts, Fan Blades, Garden Tools, Waffle Irons, Conveyors, Automotive Fasteners, Fuel Injectors, Saw Blades.
- Chemical Processing
- Food Processing
- Oil & Gas
- Cabling Solutions
- Printing and Packaging
- and many more…